Moose Knuckles has partnered with artist Trevor Wheatley to create a large-scale sculpture for Holt Renfrew, launching on October 6th. The installation is exhibited within the front entrance of the Yorkdale store, inviting shoppers to engage with the artwork by capturing and posting a picture on social media, for the chance to WIN A PRIVATE DINNER WITH THE ARTIST, by celebrity chef Matty Matheson.
About The Contest
WIN YOUR OWN PRIVATE FEAST WITH ARTIST TREVOR WHEATLEY, BY CELEBRITY CHEF MATTY MATHESON.
Capture and share the Trevor Wheatley for Moose Knuckles sculpture at Holt Renfrew Yorkdale, or a photo of any Moose Knuckles products in Holt Renfrew stores across Canada, with the hashtag #EATYOURHEARTOUT @MOOSEKNUCKLESCANADA to enter the contest. The grand prize includes a private Canadiana inspired dinner party for the winner and 10 friends with Trevor Wheatley, by celebrity chef Matty Matheson.
About The Sculpture
The sculpture is a true collaboration between Trevor Wheatley and Moose Knuckles in their shared exploration of double entendre - much like the Moose Knuckles brand name. The phrases Hold Tight and Private Eyes were selected for their seemingly romantic first impression, which upon further consideration can be interpreted as wayward. Holt Renfrew’s sophisticated and luxury driven lifestyle and Moose Knuckles' wild and irreverent approach, is represented within the duality of themes found in one sculpture, in one unified environment.
About Trevor Wheatley
Trevor Wheatley is a Canadian artist known for his sculptural installations that re-contextualize urban slang. Dime, snitch, nah and bless are examples of expressions turned into art in the form of large block 3D lettering, then driven out of the city. The landscapes selected for installation juxtapose the urban with the natural through a physical realization of slang, trend and the appropriation of popular language. A progression into commercial work has largely influenced the conceptual aspects of his practice, which borrows language from advertising to explore the contemporary economic climate of the art world, the cursory nature of consumerism and the ethics involved in both.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
THE MOOSE KNUCKLES EAT YOUR HEART OUT CONTEST (THE “CONTEST”) IS INTENDED TO BE CONDUCTED IN CANADA (EXCLUDING QUEBEC) ONLY AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO APPLICABLE CANADIAN LAW. PARTICIPANTS MUST BE OF THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THEIR PROVINCE OR TERRITORY OF RESIDENCE OR 18 YEARS OLD OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. INVALID IN QUEBEC AND VOID IN WHOLE OR PART WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY.
ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE CONTEST RULES (THE “CONTEST RULES”).
1. ELIGIBILITY. To be eligible for this Contest, an individual must:
Employees of Moose International Inc. (the “Sponsor”), and its affiliates, subsidiaries, related companies, or any distributor or company involved in the supply of the Prize or any phase of the contest administration, advertising and promotional agencies, and the household members of any of the above, are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
The Sponsor shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Contest. Failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification. All personal and other information requested by and supplied to the Sponsor for the purpose of the Contest must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant should such an entrant at any stage supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
2. CONTEST PERIOD. The Contest begins at 12:01 a.m. on Thursday, October 6th, 2016 Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) and ends at 11:59 p.m. EST on Sunday, November 6th, 2016 (the “Contest Period”), after which time the Contest will be closed and no further entries shall be accepted.
3. HOW TO ENTER.
a. There is no purchase necessary to enter the Contest. Enter using any of the methods of entry outlined below. No entries will be accepted by any other means.
b. Limit of one (1) entry per person. In the case of multiple entries, only the first eligible entry will be considered.
c. All entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and none will be returned for any reason. Entries must be received no later than the end of the Contest Period. Entries will be declared invalid if they are late, illegible, incomplete, damaged, irregular, mutilated, forged, garbled or mechanically or electronically reproduced. No communication or correspondence will be exchanged with entrants except with those selected for a Prize.
d. To enter this Contest (other than via mailed entry), you must have a Facebook, Instagram and/or Twitter account. If you do not have such an account, you will need to register for one of such accounts in accordance with the enrolment instructions for a free account
e. To be considered for the Contest, entries must be complete (as determined by the Sponsor) and received by the end of the Contest Period. Any submission not meeting the aforementioned criteria will be disqualified. For mailed entries, proof of mailing does not constitute proof of entry. All entries will be deemed made by the entrant submitted at the time of entry.
f. All entries via Facebook, Instagram or Twitter must comply with the Terms of Service and Rules applicable to such services. Standard text messaging and/or data rates apply to entries who submit via a wireless mobile device. Wireless service providers may charge for airtime for each standard text message sent and received. Please call your service provider for pricing and service plan information and rates before mobile device participation.
g. ANYONE FOUND USING MULTIPLE ACCOUNTS TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS CONTEST WILL BE DISQUALIFIED. There is a limit of one (1) entry per account permitted. For greater certainty, you can only use one (1) account to enter, or otherwise participate in, the Contest. If it is discovered that you have attempted to: (i) submit more than one (1) entry per account during the Contest Period; or (ii) use more than one (1) account to enter, or otherwise participate in, the Contest; then (in the sole discretion of the Sponsor) you may be disqualified from the Contest.
h. Use of any automated, script, macro, robotic or other program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in this Contest is prohibited and will automatically result in disqualification. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility for late, lost, stolen, incomplete, misdirected, delayed, garbled, damaged, inaccurate or undelivered entries.
i. All entries are subject to verification. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor) to participate in this Contest. Failure to provide such proof in a timely manner may result in disqualification. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid entry in this Contest will be the Contest and its contest running machine(s).
a. Grand Prize. There is one (1) Grand Prize (the “Prize”) available to be won by the Grand Prize winner (the “Winner”) consisting of:
The Prize has an approximate total value of Twenty-Eight Thousand Dollars (CDN $28,000.00). Neither the Winner not any of the Guests is entitled to any monetary difference between actual Prize value and stated approximate Prize value, if any. The Winner and the Guests will be responsible for any travel charges to and from dinner, and shall be responsible for costs associated therewith.
b. The Prize will be distributed within thirty (30) days after the Winner has been successfully contacted and notified of his or her Prize and has acknowledged compliance with the Contest Rules.
c. The Winner and the Guests must be available for dinner during the first two weeks of December, 2016, as specified by the Sponsor. The Winner and the Guests will be responsible for any other expense not explicitly included in the Prize.
d. Guests must comply with the Contest Rules and sign and return the Release (described below).
e. The Prize must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, assigned, substituted or redeemed for cash, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if the Prize (or any portion thereof) cannot be awarded for any reason. In the event of the unavailability of Trevor Wheatley or Matty Matheson for any reason, or for any reason outside of Sponsor’s direct control, Sponsor reserves the right to reschedule the dinner or select alternative guest participants in lieu of Trevor Wheatley and/or Matty Matheson.
5. WINNER SELECTION.
One (1) winner shall be selected as follows:
a. On Thursday, November 10th, 2016, in Montreal, Quebec at 5:00 p.m. EST, one grand prize winner will be selected. They will have been selected at random by drawing from all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The odds of being selected as a potential winner are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received by the Sponsor. Before being declared a Winner, the selected entrant shall be required to comply with these Contest Rules and sign and return the Release (described below).
b. THE SELECTED ENTRANT WILL BE NOTIFIED BY TELEPHONE, E-MAIL OR ELECTRONIC MESSAGE TO THE ACCOUNT IN QUESTION NO LATER THAN FIVE DAYS FOLLOWING SELECTION AND MUST RESPOND WITHIN ONE (1) DAY OF NOTIFICATION. Upon notification, the entrant must respond to the contact provided in the notification, and the selected entrant’s response must be received by the Sponsor within one (1) business day of such notification. If the selected entrant does not respond in accordance with the Contest Rules, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive a Prize and another entrant may be selected in the Sponsor’s sole discretion. The Sponsor is not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a selected entrant to receive notification or for the Sponsor to receive a selected entrant’s response.
c. If, as a result of an error relating to the entry process, drawing or any other aspect of the Contest, there are more selected entrants than contemplated in these Contest Rules, there will be a random draw amongst all eligible Prize claimants after the Contest’s closing date to award the correct number of Prizes.
6. RELEASE. Winner and Guest will be required to execute a legal agreement and release (“Release”) that confirms Winner’s and Guest’s: (i) eligibility for the Contest and compliance with these Contest Rules; (ii) acceptance of the Prize as offered; (iii) release of the Sponsor and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, affiliates and/or related companies and each of their employees, directors, officers, suppliers, agents, sponsors, administrators, licensees, representatives, advertising, media buying and promotional agencies (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, cost or expense arising out of participation in the Contest, participation in any Contest-related activity or the acceptance, use, or misuse of any Prize, including but not limited to costs, injuries, losses related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light, or from any and all claims of third parties arising there from; and (iv) grant to the Sponsor the unrestricted right, in the Sponsor’s collective or individual discretion, to produce, reproduce, publish, broadcast, communicate by telecommunication, exhibit, distribute, adapt and otherwise use or re-use the Winner’s and each Guest’s name, photograph, likeness, voice and biography, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, in connection with the Contest and the promotion and exploitation thereof. The executed Release must be returned within two (2) business days of the verification as a Winner or the selected entrant will be disqualified and the Prize forfeited.
7. INDEMNIFICATION BY ENTRANT. By entering the Contest, entrant releases and holds Releasees harmless from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to the entrant or any other person, including personal injury, death, or property damage, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any Prize, participation in the Contest, any breach of the Contest Rules, or in any Prize-related activity. The entrant agrees to fully indemnify Releasees from any and all claims by third parties relating to the Contest, without limitation.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for lost, late, unintelligible/illegible, falsified, damaged, misdirected or incomplete entries, notifications, responses, replies or any Release, or for any computer, online, software, telephone, hardware or technical malfunctions that may occur, including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of an entry. The Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Sponsor is not responsible for any problems, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, e-mail, players, or browsers, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing. The Sponsor is not responsible for any injury or damage to entrant or to any computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this Contest. Entrant assumes liability for injuries caused or claimed to be caused by participating in the Contest, or by the acceptance, possession, use of, or failure to receive any Prize. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability in the event that the Contest cannot be conducted as planned for any reason, including those reasons beyond the control of the Sponsor, such as infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or corruption of the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest and/or the Contest Website.
9. CONDUCT. By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to be bound by the Contest Rules, which will be posted at the Contest Website. Entrant further agrees to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant found to be: (a) violating the Contest Rules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or the Contest Website; (c) violating the terms of service, conditions of use and/or general rules or guidelines of the Sponsor; and/or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE CONTEST WEBSITE OR ANY RELATED WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. Winner and Guest must at all times behave appropriately when taking part in the Prize and observe the Contest Rules and any other rules or regulations in force. The Sponsor reserves the right to remove from the dinner event location, any Winner and/or Guest who breaks such rules and/or fails to behave appropriately and to disqualify such Winner and/or Guest.
10. PRIVACY / USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION.
a. By participating in the Contest, entrant: (i) grants to the Sponsor the right to use his/her name, mailing address, telephone number, and e-mail address (“Personal Information”) for the purpose of administering the Contest, including but not limited to contacting and announcing the Winner, and awarding and fulfilling the Prize; (ii) grants to the Sponsor the right to use his/her Personal Information for publicity and promotional purposes relating to the Contest, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, without further compensation unless prohibited by law; and (iii) acknowledges that the Sponsor may disclose his/her Personal Information to third-party agents and service providers of any of the Sponsor in connection with any of the activities listed in (i) and (ii) above.
b. By opting-in online, you consent to Sponsor’s and any of its corporate affiliate’s use of your Personal Information to contact you to with mobile alerts and/or to promote contests, events and concerts similar to the Contest, promote opportunities to subscribe to newsletters or promotional clubs, and notify you about related products or services.
11. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Sponsor and/or its affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited. Moose Knuckles and its logos are trade-marks of the Sponsor, used under licence.
12. TERMINATION. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate the Contest, in whole or in part, and/or modify, amend or suspend the Contest, and/or the Contest Rules in any way, at any time, for any reason without prior notice.
13. LAW. These are the official Contest Rules. The Contest is subject to applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. The Contest Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over the Sponsor. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Contest Rules or the rights and obligations as between the entrant and the Sponsor in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Ontario including procedural provisions without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws.
14. LANGUAGE DISCREPANCY. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or other point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
15. EXCLUSION OF QUEBEC. The Contest is invalid and void in Quebec.
Since you’re in the US and want your Moose Knuckles product to be shipped to a US destination, you need to place your order on our US website:
Sorry about that…it’s a postal/zip code thing.
Since you’re in Europe and want your Moose Knuckles product to be shipped to a European destination, you need to place your order on our European website: www.mooseknucklescanada.com/eu
Sorry about that…it’s a continent thing.